one step at a time.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

work ethic

My parents DEFINITELY brought me up with a good work ethic.

I like to work. I have worked at all sorts of jobs, with my least favourite being work in a mailroom - which really just involved stuffing envelopes for 3 months. However this is still preferable to not working at all.

Since I became self-employed work has a new importance - it's not just something I have to do every day. Each day is different. But I have to make sure that I'm doing what I need to to ensure I HAVE work every day.

Every bit of work I'm offered matters. And when I can't take work because I'm already working it's good... but still I HATE having to say I'm busy. Especially when the work would pay significantly more than the work I'm doing already.

Still, ethically I know it's better to stick with what I had arranged than to mess about swapping and looking for people to cover my work so I can take on someone elses.

I'll just feel good about my morals... they'll soothe the pain.

4 comments:

CountryDew said...

I have been self-employed for about 15 years. It takes a lot of discipline, some sacrifice, and some tears. Stepping away from the corporate world was the best thing I could have ever done. I wish you much success.

Travis Cody said...

I appreciate your work ethic too.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Cx

TopChamp said...

Catherine - what's so funny??