one step at a time.

Monday, April 26, 2010

journey

OK. Well the journey home wasn't much fun, to be honest.

We were beset by problems - the ash cloud, illness... I want to tell you the ins and outs, but I have relayed the story so many times already today (had to rearrange all pupils and every parent has asked about it) that I have lost any desire to share.

New Orleans was amazing - completely unique. It's laid back, shabby even - with food to die for, drink available all the time all over the place and lovely people - such diverse people - nothing comparable.

Chicago was nice - but less amazing. It is a big American city - neon lights, skyscrapers, very nice people, nice drink. Cosmopolitan.

I will elaborate.. but not today.

7 comments:

Tim Atkinson said...

I shall look forward to it! I've never been to New Orleans but as a jazz fan it's on the list.

TopChamp said...

It is definitely somewhere I'd visit again.

Travis Cody said...

Take some time to get your mojo back.

CountryDew said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Bernard said...

Most important!
Did you bring back any Bad Jokes?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

welcome home...glad you enjoyed MOST of the trip

Dana Barnett said...

WOW Annalisa,That sounds like a VERY interesting trip!!! I would like to see New Orleans myself and i would die to go to the Islands and to see and swim in that beautiful cleat blue water,Jamaica would be neat!!! D-