one step at a time.

Monday, June 07, 2010

Scottish Annual Event



This weekend I played Girlguiding's Centenary Fanfare at the Scottish Annual Event.

It was a beautiful setting - I'll post a photo, though I didn't take many.  They made me pose for a whole load though, so I expect there'll be an official one somewhere.

Anyway it was a lovely day.  I felt a bit bad claiming expenses, but with a 150mile round trip I couldn't afford not to really.  They were getting my playing for free, and I arranged for the composer to write GG the fanfare... think I just talked myself out of feeling bad here! Ha.

5 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like a fair exchange for you to get expenses reimbursed.

Jen said...

Fantastic! And you were right to claim expenses. Was that Netherud?

TopChamp said...

Trav - ta!

Jen - it was Hill of Tarvit - National Trust place - aparently the woman who owned it was a Guider. They had a marquee and served teas... in fact it was a tea party!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Beautiful home

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

waves hello