one step at a time.

Friday, December 03, 2010

UK Weather-Watch

Well it has all gone a bit Wintery in the UK!

We have had a lot of snow here lately and I feel as though I am on permanent weather-watch.  At the moment it's 5am-ish and I am awake for two reasons:  My boyfriend snort-snored suddenly extremely loudly scaring me out of my slumber, and I've got to get to Anstruther on Sat for work and don't fancy my chances much.

However the weather forecast is changing every time I check.  It is also not correct - the current weather on the BBC website (generally more reliable than elsewhere) is wrong.   Visibility here is excellent - says v poor - and we have no snow and have had none all night.

I would like to book a train for this weekend but don't know if they'll run.  There also is no train station in the village I'm playing.

I would book a bus but none run in the evening so I'd be stuck there overnight.  Car it is!

On Sat when the snow started we were so excited that we grabbed the nearest clothes (I was in PJ's - it was midnight) and headed out.  I had just done a xmas gig - so the Santa hat and heeled shoes were out... I also have on 3 jumpers, a coat and a scarf. Looking good, eh?!


 Gleneagles - Saturday day
 A tree.  I like it - snowy and crisp against beautifully clear blue sky.  
This was Gleneagles too - I have lots of photos as I was playing the Girlguiding Centenary Fanfare for the last time (fingers crossed) this year and got a lift up with one of the event organisers so arrived 2hrs early with nothing much to do.  I played for a while in the hotel til someone came in to prepare the room for the do, then went for a walk in the snow.  New snow is fun - I can't help myself messing it up! 

Got an East Coast train on Sunday morning - view from the train of the coast South of Edinburgh.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great pics! I've actually been finding the BBC site more reliable than usual so I guess they can't get it right for everyone.
I liked your comment to me about the centenary year broadening your guiding horizons. It has definitely done that for me.

Travis Cody said...

Looks terrific!

I didn't grow up with this kind of weather, so it still makes me nervous to try and get out and travel in it.

Coco said...

It looks beautiful ... glad it's you and not us (yet!). Happy Holidays!