one step at a time.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Much better now!

I posted a couple of days ago about our horrible journey home from my parents' house. Thank you for all your comments wishing us luck with the journey and offering sympathy! It was a long way home, but has all turned out well in the end.

OK so my boyfriend is currently having to leave at 6.20am to get a bus then walk to his work because they have cancelled trains this week.

OK so the cat had to come home from the cattery in a taxi. Which he didn't seem to like much. He probably preferred it to his journey TO the cattery, on which we took a detour to the car wash. He was scared and fairly wild-eyed during the experience, so if you are a cat owner please take it from me that you should NOT take a cat through an automatic car wash machine.

I think he's quite pleased to be home though!



The repairs were covered by the warranty on the car so are FREE. And the tow back to Glasgow on a lorry was FREE (especially as the RAC cover was paid for by my boyfriend's mother). The garage called yesterday to say they have fixed the car and we can collect it any time from 8am on Monday.

So all in all, though it may have taken a long time, it probably ended up saving us about £60 in petrol minus taxis and bus trips. I think about £30 saved overall.

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Oh great news all's well! :)

Travis Cody said...

Mr Tucker does not travel well either. Good news about the car!

Hey - I like this background. The snow looks really cool.

the Book of Keira said...

I would love to see the cat in the taxi...LOL.

Mother of Invention said...

I'm glad you all got back to the comfort of your own place...especially for your poor cute kitty!

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

30 pounds is a lot of money saved! Cute picture of your cat...I love cats too!