one step at a time.

Friday, December 14, 2007

yawn

it's definitely bed time (nearly 2am) but I thought I'd pop in to wish everyone a good weekend and to explain that my self-imposed target completion date for the recently learnt scarf-knitting is Christmas day. So I'll need to spend all spare time on it for now.

Of course my addiction to your blogs will mean that I do squeeze visits in anyway.

update
Last night on the train I got the knitting out (I'd been playing in Edinburgh) and started doing it. It got everyone chatting at my table. The bloke next to me couldn't resist asking what I was making. I explained that I'd only learnt how to knit on Tues so was making a scarf. He said that he can knit too. Cool, eh? Next the woman opposite told me that she used to knit and once made a mohair sweater for herself. She also said that watching me was making her want to take it up again.

A wee bit later on the lady opposite pointed out that there was another girl in the bank of seats opposite who was also knitting! She was knitting a very delicate beautiful scarf-shaped knit with one big needle and one little one. Very pretty.

I will tell you now: My knitting is gonna look horrible as my boyfriend picked the colours. I am not sure if it was revenge for taking him to the new hobbycraft shop or not but they're HIDEOUS. I'll show you on Weds anyway.

11 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

I wanna see pictures when it's done!

TopChamp said...

kyra - I will do! I was thinking it could be wooly wordless wednesdays...?

Julie said...

There is no such things as an ugly scarf! Well at least I don't THINK there is.

Happy weekend my friend!

Akelamalu said...

I used to knit all the time. I;ve made hundreds of sweaters, even a full length coat! It's surprising how many people actually knit!

Anonymous said...

It's always great to have something to do during those down times. You're being very productive! Can't wait to see those colors! LOL!

Kailani
An Island Life

CountryDew said...

I used to knit when I was about 10 years old. I have long forgotten how but I've often thought of taking it up again. How great that you have!

Anndi said...

Cool! I always wanted to learn. My daughter is learning how, she has a lovely book and her dad's mum-in-law has been teaching her...

Maybe we can turn it into a mother-daughter thing and find a course...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, we Canadians know a thing or two about scarves.

TopChamp said...

julie - just wait and see!!

ak- I can't really knit. But I'm quite enjoying it at the moment.

kailani - they're vile colours. Honestly.

Anndi & Countrydew - I'm not sure how long I'll keep it up to be honest. I've got loads done though already despite working every day.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I can not wait to see your pictures...I am a large..nice sweater would be nice..bwahahahaahahahaha

Queenie said...

Looking forward to seeing it. My mother-in- law knits all the time, she does alot for the prem babies at the local hospital, which is really good thing to do. She started when she stopped smoking years ago, saying it kept her hands busy.

Anonymous said...

I just learned as well. I made some sad mittens and mediocre scarves and am now working on a child's sweater (that will likely fit me). :)