one step at a time.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Hyundai Getz - a mixed bag

I have a Hyundai Getz. It's a little car and it's done us proud, having clocked up a huge mileage in it's six years with us.

However I think it's life may be about over. So far it's cost a lot of money over the last few months, with a replacement clutch and new power steering tubes.

Today I was picking my boyfriend up from hospital (cardiac unit - there's another story! He's fine now) and we were driving home when there was an almighty 'BANG' as our rear windscreen exploded. It just shattered as I was driving along. There is no sign of a stone in the car - and I didn't see anyone throw anything at us. I have no idea what went on. Whatever it was it was pretty scary.

So now - after a stressful 24 hours - we are waiting for someone to phone us to make an appointment to have it replaced!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is really scary (the cardiac stuff AND the windscreen exploding). Good job it was the back and not the front!

Travis Cody said...

Yikes! I've had a stone hit the windshied while driving, but I've never had a window explode.

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.