one step at a time.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

back!

Well it has been some time since my last post.

The main reason for this has been that I have hit the big 30 at last. It feels like it's been a long time coming - I've been dreading this moment for 2-3 years...

It's a huge milestone that I set myself up for when I was a kid, by considering 30 as OLD and deciding that I'd do all the big things - like family etc - when I'm 30. However as I approached 30 I knew I didn't want to do any big things yet.... and I got scared.

So now it has passed and all my dread seems a BIT unnecessary, although I have had several people ask me when I'm getting married and whether I'm planning kids... but the people who asked that also asked it when I was 29. Family friends who seem to think I should. The answers are 'NEVER' and 'No' by the way.

Anyway - explanation over so I'll get on with drafting a proper post shortly.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay, you are back!

And I like you just the way you are :-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Welcome back...glad there was not too much mayhem surrounding #30...hell, that is a great number!

Gattina said...

When I was 20 a 30 year old person was an ancestor. Now I am 66 I must be one to you, but I tell you numbers don't count, it's what you feel in your head is important. Some people are born old already, lol ! You still have time for family and kids ! Enjoy now !

Travis Cody said...

Good on ya! I've always thought that those two questions are inappropriate.

Happy Birthday!

CountryDew said...

Wow, Happy 30th. That is a big one. Sounds like you did ok, though. Wait until you hit 45.