This weekend we decided to take up the cork tiles we stuck down 6 years ago when we moved into this flat.
When we moved in the first thing we removed was the carpet from the bathroom. Gross. Under the carpet someone had badly painted the tiles in white with green and blue squares. We used cork tiles to cover this, because we didn't have much money and saw them in the DIY shop when we were getting paint.
The cork tiles were pretty badly laid and looked fairly bad fairly fast.
So we lifted them yesterday. My boyfriend did most of this - it was really hard work. I had to hit the scraper thing with a hammer to get it under the tiles because of the glue, then lever them up.
Lifting the tiles left glue and patchy paintwork.
So we have since been scraping paint with paint stripper, white spirits and a lot of elbow grease!
The next job is cladding the bath.