Thursday Thirteen - Thirteen random things because it's a Thursday but I really want to post general musings.
1. I am at home in Buckinghamshire with my Mum and Dad this weekend.
2. They are at work today so I can sit and blog all morning and practise trumpet all afternoon.
3. Last night when I got home it was after 10pm. Mum had salad etc ready for me which was very much appreciated!
4. Today is Ma's birthday. We celebrated her birthday at midnight with some wine... prior to this we had been drinking wine too... She got a pretty good haul of gifts but is working til 9pm tonight. I was hoping for birthday inspiration but I really can't think of anything nice to do when she'll be tired & she's on a diet so doesn't want nice dinner. I'll keep thinking.
5. I was goaded into playing Vivaldi double tpt concerto (1 part only) around midnight yesterday along with a Maurice Andre CD... The things you do after a drink! Ok: The things I do after a drink!
6. I'm listening to some really bad music. My brother has left his computer here and he has an amazing array of shocking tunes. At the moment it's 'Could it be Magic'.
7. Whilst listening to bad music I am looking out of the window at the birds nest in the ivy right outside. There are blackbirds nesting in it and it's very exciting seeing them coming in and out.
8. Mum is on a diet on which you can eat as much as you want as long as it's really tasteless boring food... which means there is nothing nice to eat in the house. I know it'll do me good, but it's still slightly disappointing as if she were on a normal calorie counting diet at least there might still be some nice food in small quantities.
9. Quite a lot of this music is bad enough to make me stop typing to skip track. It's now 'Don't give up on us baby'.
10. OH MY GOD! He has his media player set on random selection... and the next track to come up is a sort of techno-remix of 'I'VE GOT A BRAND NEW COMBINE HARVESTER!!!' This is taking the piss.
11. I think the healthy food situation is making me more hungry than I would have been if I hadn't looked to see what was here... It's quite early and breakfast cereal is good normally.
12. The plan for this weekend is to try to take a bit of a break, as I've been stressed out lately. I love playing but sometimes it's hard to weigh up how much work you take on against how much money you will make from it against how good it will be for you to do it against how much you do or don't want to do it.
13. So - if you have any fun games for me to play that are non-music-related please let me know! Actually I think I have some questions to write for that interview meme... perhaps I should get onto that now.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!