one step at a time.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

apathy

I'm in a weird place at the moment - I can't really be bothered to do anything much and am avoiding people and jobs.

It CANNOT continue. I've been like this for a week now and I need to snap out of it.

So far I have not turned up for a hen night and a party, and have started a project I'm doing but not finished it off and have started doing about four trumpet-related promotion jobs but have ended up giving up on them and marking where I was/saving what I've done. I have missed TT and haven't been to visit any of your blogs for a week.

I really want to feel refreshed and get some 'zing' back - but can't think what to do. I'd say I need a holiday but we've only just got back to Glasgow a couple of weeks ago after a visit with our parents.

I think it might be due to the weather and season a bit. It is really dark now - and evenings feel so long. I remember how excited I felt when in Spring/summer I came out of a gig into daylight and could go out til 3 as it felt light enough. Now on an office day in Glasgow we have to go to work in gloom, and leave work in darkness.

I would kill for some sunshine on a weekend at least.



(a snap from sunnier times)

12 comments:

CountryDew said...

Perhaps you need a nice long walk to clera your head. Getting outside, even in dull gray weather, can be helpful. Oddly, I often find it helpful to visit an electronics store in the winter - something about all the electricity in the air, I think, or maybe it's just the energy of the new and improved. In any event, such periods are not to be ignored and it's good you've recognized it. I am hoping you will break out of your funk very soon.

Queenie said...

I think I suffer from S.A.D, I just hate winter. I've put one of those sunshine lamps on my Santa list, will let you know how it goes if Santa grants my wish...

Akelamalu said...

I was going to suggest the same as Queenie. Hope your gloom lifts soon honey. x

Unknown said...

Just today, my friend Toni from In the Midst of this season were just talking a about this. How the winter is so depressing because of how dark it is. It's so hard to be positive in the long, dark winter. A little sunshine goes a long way for me. Toni says that when it is sunny in the winter, she lays in a sunbeam on the floor for 15 minutes a day and soaks up the warmth and remembers that the summer will be back someday. I'm going to try that. Hang in there!

TopChamp said...

countrydew - A walk is a good plan. It has been 3 weeks since I got out and about in the countryside so it is definitely due. I will certainly try it.

Queenie & Akelamalu - DO let me know if it works. It is something that has intrigued me!

Sniz - If only we had sun during the day I would gladly soak it up. Unfortunately this year in Scotland it has felt VERY dismal. I'm considering moving.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I have S.A.D. too. It is one of the reasons why I live in Marrakech. If you have persisting issues with this, you might want to consider visiting a doctor. My brother uses a lightbox and it makes him feel much, much better.

Sending love and sunny wishes your way....

MrsS said...

On the lighter side, you do say you're hurtling towards 30, and that has its own challenges!

Seriously though it's probably the clocks going back, topchamp, and could be linked to the few away days you had with your parents: 'back to old the routine' can he difficult.

A week's not a long time to feel sluggish, and you're allowed a few down days!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

ah the feelings many of us get when the skies darken and the sun is not out as long and the weather turns chilly....

stiff upper lip and all that rot...LOL

Travis Cody said...

I understand being in a weather funk. Maybe doing one thing you enjoy will get the smiles going. And then maybe that will get you interested in other stuff too.

Hang in there.

TopChamp said...

I'm ok - I'm just having a whinge. What else is a blog for?

TopChamp said...

p.s. Just spotted Maryam! hello x

Mother of Invention said...

I really hope you find some sunnier times soon. It's pretty dark by 5:15 now here and we even woke up to a bit of snow! Here we go again..