2. Purse - Outside the nearest corner shop. I got home to find it missing, drove back, looked for it when a lady came up to ask it I'd lost my purse. She returned it. I opened it and found that I had actually dropped it getting into the car, then reversed over it. All of my credit cards were left with coin impressions.... They don't work with dents in.
3. Purse - Trader Joes pub in Glasgow. I asked my boyfriend to go back for it while I waited in a chip shop with a friend. He got back to find the pub closed (which wasn't surprising as we had left when they chucked us out)... so walked off. On his way back a drunk girl asked him for a cigarette. He doesn't smoke so said 'no'. She slapped him in the face. He then said 'Do you wanna slap me again?!'. Obviously she did - as she accepted the invitation. I was RAGING and all set to storm after her but her friends were already dragging her back to apologise.
4. Last February we went to New York. I lost(/had stolen) my phone in a pub there whilst watching Wales beat Scotland in the Six Nations on a Sunday morning. This time I was not lucky and they ran up £60 in call charges before I could stop it.
5. Coat - When I got back to Scotland straight after the trip I left my coat in Dundee....
6. So now my phone is in New York and my coat is in Dundee. I had a gig in Aberdeen.... where I left my keys. Phone in New York, coat in Dundee, keys in Aberdeen, TC in Glasgow. Ideal.
7. Some months back I took a walk along Broughty Ferry beach. It's absolutely stunning and I had a great time drawing pictures in the sand. On the drive home my boyfriend's phone went. It was my mum who had received a call from a lady who had picked my phone up on the beach. She posted it to Glasgow and didn't leave any return address or phone number for me to be able to thank her properly!
8. Trumpet! - I left my trumpet in Argos in Manchester before my audition for the music college there.
9. After a cornetto gig I stopped for a Chinese. The next day I found I was missing an intrument.... Sure enough it was in the Chinese restaurant.
10. At the moment (freezing cold weather) I have no coat.... It's currently in Carlisle where I left it at a friend's parents house.
11. On a previous occasion I left my phone in a pub where I knew the barman. He took the phone and put it behind the bar. At midnight a man went up to the barmaid and asked if anyone had handed in a phone, describing my phone. She handed it straight over. Blatant stealing by the man. Coppers didn't want to know.
12. A few months ago a lady came and knocked on my door with an old purse in her hand. I hadn't seen this purse for months so was most surprised to see her with it! It turned out she had moved into a house nearby and had found this purse chucked over the wall of her garden when she cleared it out. Needless to say there was no money in it... but I don't think there ever had been. I think the purse probably dropped out of the car one night and I didn't notice - so someone must have come across it in the street, nicked the cards and coins and discarded the rest.
13. HA HA HA! - I can't think of a thirteenth for me but I have a funny one from Christmas this year that I can borrow from my brother: He left his credit card in Game (computer game shop) in Milton Keynes. He phoned and found that they had put it in the safe overnight but that he could collect it whenever. He asked Mum for a lift back to the shop. She made him take the shop staff chocolates to say thank you! He said that the bloke he handed them to looked at him like he was nuts. I LAUGHED A LOT!!!!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants