My top Thirteen nights out in Glagsow
1. Brel. This is a pub on Ashton Lane. It's a famous spot to visit on your trip to Glasgow, as it's a cobbled street lined with small shops and bars. There is also a little cinema and a couple of curry shops. Brel is a Belgian bar which serves great food (muscles being my favourite) but also sells interesting beers and has live music fairly often. There is an outside area (a hill slope) that you can sit on in summer... providing you are willing to scan carefully for broken glass and fag ends. This is my favourite pub in the city.
3. Cinema - UGC (now Cineworld) at the top of Hope Street. This is really tall and has glass lifts so you can see all across the city if you go up to the top. I have a pass so can see films for free (or more accurately for a monthly fee!).
4.Bluu - Late night bar in the Merchant City. This place opens late but isn't really clubby... I love it. Have to be feeling flush though for a night here.
5. Rugby - Hughenden, Glasgow West End. I can walk here from home. I LOVE watching the rugby here as you are right up close to the action and can almost touch the players (I wish!).
6. King Tut's Wah Wah Hut - City Centre. This is a pub and venue for up and coming bands. It's great. I haven't been for a while but will certainly be there again soon!
8. The Wee Curry Shop - This is a TINY (seriously about 5 tables) shop in the city centre. It serves amazing curry in the most cramped of environments. It's brilliant value for money.
9. The Sisters - Restaurant near us out West. It's a small friendly restaurant but serves really posh nosh. It's best saved for a special occasion.
11. Carling Academy - gig venue. Shockingly it mainly promotes and sells Carling lager.
12. Lock 27. This is a little pub by the canal up the road from our house. It's lovely in summer.
13. While I've been writing this I've come up with hundreds of pubs or cafes that I've had a great night out in but that aren't actually that nice really.... So I've come to the conclusion that I'm lucky to have good friends who can make a night out great, no matter where we go.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
|5. Mary (mert)|