one step at a time.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

industrious

OK so I've been on the internet a few times but we have also today:


Mown and strimmed the back lawn. Border is still a work in progress but I have spotted lots of raspberry canes and flowers starting to poke through the soil.


Started to paint the shed..... but ran out of paint after 1 side. Not unhappy really as I don't like the green anyway. Wondering whether I could get away with making the shed two-tone...? It'll all go the patchy green colour when it's dried, so I could just paint over it. At least one side's weatherproof again.


Dug over the veg plot and planted potatoes & a new rosemary bush (old one died mysteriously overnight - turned brown really suddenly).

7 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

I love, love, love your yard!!!!

Do whatever you want to your shed! It's yours!

Mother of Invention said...

You guys are so nice and green and planting! You're at least 7 weeks ahead of us! I love your cool shed.

Gattina said...

Don't you want to come over and mow the grass here ? Fortunately you run out of color, honestly that green is not a really happy solution ! I prefer the color of the front !

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a great sense of accomplishment when you actually get things done around the house? Great job!

Anonymous said...

You're gonna end up with a tortoise-like shed. The boy would like it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I think the title of that post is misleading, I think it should be 'horticulturalous' (not that that's a word), I was expected to see pictures of a cottage iron smelting plant or something like that in your garden.

Annelisa said...

I'm going to have to beg to differ about the colour of the shed - I like it... though the patchiness is somewhat... ehm... unusual :-D

You should see my garden shed - the kids painted it blue, with flowers and insects and faces... it - stands out!

You certainly have been busy! I was thinking I might do the garden today, but apart from baking chocolate flapjack's (and eating them) with my youngest, and having the longest bath/ read ever, I don't know that I've done anything of any use today... oh, maybe hoovered the floor is all. So, you've done well, my friend. Can't believe you've done so much in a day!!!