one step at a time.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Manic Monday - Marble


I was having a blog-browse (avoiding work) and came across Mo's Manic Monday theme on Travis' blog.

What country do you imagine this is from?



Shri Swaminarayan Mandir.




As it happens I was watching a BBC programme last night on Britain - and they showed this amazing Hindu temple. I had not heard of it, and I live in Britain... and actually come from a town within 100 miles of it.


Build on this temple began in 1993 and was finished in 1995. I would love to know whether it was British built too, as I have never seen a new marble building like this before here. It's located in a North London suburb, and is built in the style of traditional Indian temples.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

That building is truly beautiful. How fortunate you are to have found something totally new to explore so nearby.

Comedy + said...

It's beautiful. Amazing what we can find right around the corner sometimes. Great post for MM. Have a great day. :)

Sparky Duck said...

yea but it is beautiful, whether made historically or not.

Travis said...

Beautiful building.

Happy MM!

the108 said...

Wow... that's crazy!

Bond said...

Some building there. I guess if you are going to do something, do it right.

Julie said...

Whoa! How gorgeous!

Morgen said...

That's cool - isn't it neat when we find something so unique that is practically in our own backyard?
Thanks for participating in Manic Monday!
cheers,
mo

kailani said...

I was going to say it looked like something from India. :-)