one step at a time.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Quite quiet

I'm going through one of the blogger 'I can't think of anything to say' phases at the moment. To get back into the swing of things I'll try a diary post for today.

I got up early despite not having any work on today, as my boyfriend woke me up before he left for work. I quite wanted to get some housework done anyway so this was fine by me. It is now after 6pm and all I have managed to achieve is a bit of washing up.

Where did the day go?!

Over the past 4 or 5 weeks I've been a wee bit concerned about my teeth. I stabbed myself in the gum a few weeks ago, and it was fairly painful. Afterwards the gum seemed to have receded a little. 4 weeks on, the gum has still not returned to normal.

To try not to aggravate things other than on Party Night (and at my cousin's wedding) I have avoided booze. This is quite a big concession to illness - and not one I would usually make - but it doesn't seem to be working. (Although Party Night and my cousin's wedding probably made up for 3 weeks off booze by themselves..... )

Tonight my friend Lisa turns 30 - so we're having a party. I'd like a few glasses of wine... but I'm a trumpet player and have no job if I damage my teeth......

It's a dilemma!

Actually it's quite a day for dilemmas. Earlier today I was mulling over whether to go use some vouchers I got for my birthday to buy a present for Lisa, or whether to give her the vouchers. I've decided to get her a present with them as they're worth quite a bit and I might be able to get myself a present too. Thanks must go to my boyfriend and my sister for their assistance with my quandary!

5 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I hate stabbing my gums, or biting the inside of my mouth accidentally.

Don't let it go too long without getting it checked, especially if it still seems painful.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

TopChamp said...

Travis - It doesn't hurt now but i have an appointment tomorrow morning just in case!

Julie said...

Oh TC....I am so hung up on teeth...don't take any chances! Be healthy!

Oh yeah....haven't you heard the rule? If you by a gift for someone you HAVE to get one for yourself too!

Woo!

Anonymous said...

So what did you get for yourself? Hope it was something great!