Thursday Thirteen: Thirteen things I would like to do more of/know more about.
- Knitting - I have had a go. When I was at school I made a scarf. That's the most I've ever managed.
- Sewing - I do this a bit - rarely. I used to do a lot more, make clothes etc. I have used the excuse of not having time for years, but I could probably find the time.
- Theatre Music - I studied this a bit at music college. It still fascinates me & I want to know more.
- Early Music - I do this for work - and pleasure. I have only really read up about Italian and English early trumpet playing. I am sure that there is an awful lot left to investigate, and soak up.
- Finance and Account keeping. I am RUBBISH and make my self-employed tax return season a nightmare for myself. I know almost nothing about this topic.
- Plants - The science of plants is my boyfriend's speciality. It's something that really interests him, and I find that over the years it has been rubbing off on me. I used to politely pretend to be interested when he was showing me the 24 different types of grass that are growing in our lawn, and to tell me the minute differences between them. Now I am genuinely interested... for longer than I used to be.
- Gardening - I have a beautiful garden. I love it and wish that I looked after it better. Unfortunately we have so much rain, and I work so often at the weekend, that I do not get the inclination to garden as often as I should.
- Drawing/Painting... I'd like to be artistic.
- Geography. I didn't know Turkey neighboured Greece... We were looking at restaurants to go to next Wednesday (pay day!) and I read a Turkish menu that I thought was quite Greek-sounding. When I commented to my boyfriend he looked at me like I was a moron. I definitely need to brush up on my Geography.
- Sense of Direction. I'm not sure you can learn this. So I'll just wish I had a better one.
- Self-discipline. I should still be practising really.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.