one step at a time.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Spam

How best to deal with spam?

I had removed the option to comment anonymously after repeated spam comments on my posts about bad internet connection.

However I like that my friends in real life (the two who remember I have a blog and the one who found it by himself!) can comment without having to sign up.

So I want to put it back.

The next options are word verification... which I hate on other people's blogs. Blog owner approving comments....

Myself - I don't like either. I don't like having to wait for comments to appear because I'm terminally forgetful and can never remember whether I already commented or not (I tend to visit fairly often). But I really hate having to type in word verification as I'm really lazy and it seems like a lot of effort to leave whatever nonsense I've written you...

Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

Jen said...

I like to approve comments, as you already know! If you're on and off all day as I usually am, comments are usually approved pretty fast.

the Book of Keira said...

Neither! However, for the spam... I say marinade it.

Kailani said...

For my blog, I prefer word verification because I keep forgetting to approve them. However, I don't like word verification on other blogs. LOL!

Kailani
An Island Life

Unknown said...

I voted for the owner approval. I hate those word verification things. It's what I do, but I publish my comments several times throughout the day. It might be different if it wasn't that way! Good luck!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

As you know, I approve all comments on The Couch...HATE word verification...yup I do