one step at a time.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Update:

Last week at Brownies all bar 2 of the kids forgot their permission slip for the swimming this week. So I wasn't sure how many would come. I guessed a maximum of 9 which was fine as we had two leaders.

As they arrived I took a note of their swimming ability (ie beginner or intermediate).

This meant I could pair them up.

I had the guides set up so one took the swimmers, and the other minded the non-swimmers (beginners).

They got to go in the wave pool. It's brilliant! As soon as I arrived I wished I could go in too. Every half hour the waves go on, at which point a buzzer sounds. The beginners stayed in the really shallow end and the others about half-way down. The waves were pretty big and they loved it.

Actually I think the waves saved me from a lot of whinging as I wasn't letting the kids down the big flume slide thing.

They all seemed pretty happy at the end, and one of the girls had a birthday so brought chocolate cake.

We only had one play up and she arrived late so missed the 'chat' at the start (where I told them that if they misbehaved it'd be the first, and last trip the Brownies do to the swimming pool).

And now I'm thinking 'phew - thank god that went ok!'. Also 'Bollocks - I have to practise and I'm tired!'.

I might have a sneaky blog-read session instead for a bit. It is 20 past 10pm after all (my neighbours are away so I can play the trumpet all I like).

4 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I knew it would go well! And now you're done for the term?

TopChamp said...

Trav - Oh yeah! Well earned break time.

CountryDew said...

Sounds like an interesting evening. I am glad it went well for you.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Congrats on what seems to have been a very successful season