one step at a time.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

rain rain go away. ending it there as I don't want you to come back at all

Stupid Glasgow and its stupid weather!

I was due to be playing trumpet with an equally geeky colleague but we've wimped out due to p'ssing rain and high winds... neither of us can be bothered to leave the house until later on when we have to!

Cornett rehearsals tonight. I've come down with a cold so playing is uncomfortable and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

My boyfriend is at work in a flooded plant area selling Christmas trees in the rain so he's got it worse today. I should think about that & stop moping about here.

On browsing I found Maryam has a meme I want to play... so I've nicked it. This blog thieving is becoming a habit!

The meme is as follows:
1. Grab the book closest to you.

2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence.
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the book and the author.
5. Tag three people.

Book: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne

"Certainly not," said Conseil; "but will you tell us now by what means they extract these pearls?"
"They proceed in various ways. When they adhere to the shell the fishermen often pull them off with pincers; but the most common way is to lay the pintadines on mats of the sea-weed which covers the banks....

Tag Annelisa?, Coco?, Dunc?

2 comments:

Annelisa said...

I'm going to do your tag, Topchamp, because when I followed the instructions, it made me laugh to see the sentences! :-D

ps - the rain will end one day! (Just for one day...don't know which day that's going to be!)

Coco said...

Oh, you are sooooooo on for this, TC! I'm reaching out and grabbing ... um, maybe not that book ... well, you'll see what I grabbed off my desk here at school tomorrow. Lol.