one step at a time.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Country/Territory

Have been trying to get a map on but pictures won't work - don't know why.

Blogger.com has only the following options under 'Location' on the profile page: City/Town Region/State Country/Territory.

You would therefore think perhaps that there is little to complain about?

Well how about: Country/Territory.... I live in Scotland. My family is Welsh. I was born in England. My nationality is British.


I object to being obliged to select 'UK' as my country of residence rather than being able pick which country within the UK I am actually in. I have been forced to enter Scotland under 'region or state' as I will not accept the generalisation of UK.

According to the Government: Countries within a country

The United Kingdom is made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Its full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.


(http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page823.asp from the website of no.10 Downing St)

Rest assured I will be contacting Blogger regarding this issue....

One further point I would like to make today: Some people are really daft!

** Backside firework prank backfires **
A man is in hospital with internal injuries after trying to launch a rocket from his bottom.

< http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/england/wear/6132140.stm >





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello TOPCHAMP...thanks for sitting on THE COUCH Hope you come back so we can keep you from your chores more often!