one step at a time.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Feeling

Today was an office day. It was also my year end appraisal.

I was a little worried as last year they gave me a 'needs improvement' after I missed my objective for my error rate by 0.01%.. but my worries were unfounded. It seems that it is my boss who is the ****** - the person who is covering her job while she is on maternity leave does not fail you for such minor points!

So one fully competent rating later my fingers are now crossed as my pay should increase at above the rate of inflation this year.

Why this concerns me I'm really not sure - as I don't know how much I'll notice on a 14hrs a week wage!!

Other than that I can't really muster up any enthusiasm for my blogging today. I worked out earlier that I haven't had a full day off for 2 months... So the tiredness is perhaps understandable. Please accept my apologies - will try harder on Sunday.

I will have an early night tonight as I have a 9am-8pm day tomorrow. Still - it's only 20 normal mon-fri working days til Christmas!

5 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

WOOOOO Congrats on your review... they can always be stressful...
You are busy busy... you need to stop and rest once in a while...

Liz Hill said...

What Bond said!

A raise is a raise sugar--all good.

Oh Man--why did you have to tell me that thing about Christmas---eeek!!

Wait---the only shopping day that matters is Christmas Eve---right?

Anonymous said...

Hey listen, that is GREAT news. You should be proud. I am sending you a cyber Moroccan martini to celebrate!

Mo and The Purries said...

I always dreaded the review.
As an HR manager, you'd think I would have gotten used to them -- but I was always better at giving than receiving!
I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment recently at
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World
It's taken me a while, but I've updated my links & your site is now listed under the Hot Blogs category.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend ~ Mo

Annelisa said...

Congratulations on your one pound 22p payrise a month! :-)

Hey, but it's the thought that's important - they're not holding you back now!

...and it shows your work is valuable enough to deserve some sort of recognition...however pitiful :-)